Utah Spring weather can be so frustratingly fickle. One day you can be having the first picnic of the season in your back yard…
…And the very next evening a blizzard can hit. It can make you nuts.
Strawberries, apples, and oranges with fruit dip while sitting on a blanket in the backyard one afternoon…
…the need for something warm and comforting like chicken and dressing casserole the very next evening. Spring in Utah suffers from some serious rapid cycling bipolar disorder!
Chicken and Dressing Casserole
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavored stuffing mix (I used Stove Top)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I used Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (I used Campbell’s 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup milk (I used skim because it is what I had on hand.)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Place chicken in bottom of dish. Sprinkle the dry stuffing mix over the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup and the cream of celery soup. Add the chicken broth or stock and the milk. Mix well. Pour soup mixture evenly over the stuffing.
- Bake 20 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until this middle of the casserole is bubbling. Allow to cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.