Bah! I have seriously been working on this recipe for weeks. Here’s the low down:
- The first time I made it, I thought that I was so clever using a pressure cooker. Yea, umm, I was all set to post that one on the day of the Boston Marathon. The recipe was complete with great step-by-step photos using the pressure cooker and as I was preparing to take photos of the finished product, I learned about the bombings. Could my timing have been worse? Definitely could NOT post that one.
- The second time around, I decided to use the slow cooker. It worked great, but the photos of the finished product were disappointing.
- The next day as I was assembling some more enchiladas to make better “finished product” pictures, my daughter’s baby crisis started and I made the remaining enchiladas for her family, sans the photos.
- In light of everything that has happened in my life over the past week, it seemed ridiculous that I was stressing over posting ugly enchilada pictures. Let’s be honest, when you go to a Mexican restaurant, what does the food on your plate look like?????? Messy, ooey, gooey deliciousness, right? Say “yes”. You know it’s true.
- If you want to see prettier enchilada pictures, look at the pics on Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas and Cheese Enchiladas. The one above? It’s real life, baby; the way enchiladas really look when I make them for my family — every square inch covered in glory.