This is really quite exciting, at least for me! Welcome to my first give away!
Please note: This give away is now closed.
OXO sent me a fun Salad Dressing Shaker to try out for myself and another one to share with one of you. I am sweetening the pot, so to speak, by including an OXO Salad Spinner and an OXO Swivel Peeler. Although the salad dressing shaker is new to me, I have been using OXO’s Salad Spinner and Swivel Peeler for several years and they are two of my favorite pieces of kitchen equipment. Now I can add the Salad Dressing Shaker to the party.
About the Shaker, OXO says “Making a quick dressing is a cinch with the OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker. The watertight Shaker offers a clean, neat and convenient way to mix, serve and store dressings, sauces and marinades. The top unscrews to reveal a wide opening ideal for adding a range of ingredients like oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, onions and spices. The Shaker is made of a BPA-free, break-resistant and dishwasher safe material. Once ingredients are added, screw the top on and shake to quickly mix dressings with no spills. The top lever flips back for pouring and forward to seal. Use the airtight Shaker to store leftover dressing and sauce right inside the fridge.”
- Open to residents of the United States or Canada only.
- Leave a comment in the comment section of this post and tell me your favorite salad dressing.
- Only 1 comment allowed per person. Anonymous entries are not eligible.
- Leave a valid email address so that I can notify you if you win. You will have 48 hours to reply or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner will be chosen through random.org.
- The give away will remain open until midnight, Mountain Standard Time, on Friday July 27, 2012. The winner will be announced here on Saturday, July 28, 2012.
I am a salad person, plain and simple. I like all different types of salads, with no single salad being my absolute favorite. In my opinion, salad dressing is central to a good salad, even if the dressing is simply oil and vinegar. Sometimes I like to sit down with a big bowl of plain ol’ tossed salad, dressed only with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of salt. That’s some mighty fine eating.
Realistically I think that salads are all about the dressing anyway, such as with blue cheese or ranch. These are my two most favorite creamy dressings. I truly believe that often a salad is merely an accompaniment for the salad dressing. Am I right or am I right?
In the post, Perfect Breadsticks with Buttery Garlic Seasoning, I introduced you to my copy cat version of my favorite garlic bread seasoning. Inspired by a dressing recipe on the back of the name brand bottle, I tried the garlic bread seasoning in a buttermilk and mayonnaise-based salad dressing.
Boy was I surprised by the flavor! So good! Plus, I think that I inadvertently cracked the code on Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. I almost feel guilty, as if I am breaking a trade secret. Now, if only I could crack the secret code on Olive Garden dressing, life would be nigh unto perfect.
So, while I continue to work on that bit of life’s perfection until the wee hours of the morning, here’s some opportunities for you to put your life on the perfection train platform. As Mary Murphy of “So You Think You Can Dance” fame would excitedly say at ear shattering decibels and pitches that I wish were outside of the human hearing range, “Wooohooooooo!”
- To have a chance at winning the great salad make-over kit by OXO, leave me a comment telling me your favorite salad dressing.
- Make your favorite tossed salad and some of this Rockin’ Ranch Salad Dressing.
- Do a good deed for someone without thought of notice or reward. It will put a warm glow in your heart.