Isn’t this beautiful? Wait until you taste it. It took all of my self control not to dive right in to this fruit and cheese platter. Make this for your kids for an after school snack. Sit with them at the table and let them tell you about their day.
Autumn Fruit and Cheese with Spiced Caramel Sauce
- 1 apple, unpeeled and cored
- 1 pear, unpeeled and cored
- cheese, cut into sticks (I used sharp cheddar)
- orange juice for dipping the fruit
- 1/2 cup caramel butter sauce or store-bought caramel sauce, warmed so that the sauce will be easy to stir
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Mix the caramel butter sauce and the pumpkin pie spice together in a small bowl. Dip the cut fruit in orange juice to prevent browning. Arrange fruit and cheese on a platter. To eat, dip fruit and cheese (trust me) in the spiced caramel butter sauce. Remember to breath while you eat.