Man oh man. Just looking at this picture makes me hungry for more of this salad. Ain’t none left, though, because Honey Buns is a tomato freak! However, I have to admit that he waited until I had had seconds before he had fifteenths and finished it all off; even slurped up the juice and licked the bowl.
- 4 cups tomatoes, chunky diced or for cherry tomatoes, cut them in half
- 1 small white onion, small diced
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Seed any regular sized tomatoes that you may be using. (See tutorial below)
In a medium bowl, gently mix the tomatoes, onion, and basil leaves.
In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, rice vingegar, garlic, white sugar, and salt. Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Pour over tomato mixture and gently toss to coat.
Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Gently stir from bottom to top to mix everything together. Serve. Take your helping first or else you might not get any.
Start with clean, washed tomatoes. Don’t worry about seeding cherry tomatoes.