This recipe is simply a list of ingredients without specific measurements. It’s the best kind of recipe, right? Oh, wait. I lied. The pasta and the dressing have measurements, more or less.
- 1/2 pound cooked pasta of choice (this is generally 1/2 of a box or package of pasta. Check the weight on the package in case the one you are using is more or less than one pound. Make sense?)
- kalamata olives, sliced lengthwise
- grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- marinated artichoke hearts, cut into bite-sized pieces (I like the Costco brand)
- grated parmesan/romano cheese
- feta cheese crumbles
- purple onion, chopped
- banana peppers, thinly sliced (you could use peperoncini, which I did in the featured picture)
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian or vinaigrette style salad dressing (I like Bernsteins “Cheese Fantastico”)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta per package directions. Be careful not to over cook, you don’t want pasta mush. Rinse your perfectly cooked pasta under cool water and drain well.
Mix all ingredients together. Chill. Serve.
- Give a slight resistance when you bite it. It will be pliable. You will actually feel like you are chewing something, the pasta will have substance. Baby bear would love it because it will be just right.
- Will not fall apart when mixed with other ingredients.